Monday, January 16, 2012

Seeing God in Nature

Since today was Martin Luther King day I was off of work; however, Courtney had to be at work early. I woke up and read the Daily Bread while she ate breakfast. The key verse in the Daily Bread was Romans 1:20 which states "Since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made." The reading in the Daily Bread was about John Muir (1838-1914), who was a Scottish-born American naturalist. Muir is known by many to be the "Father of National Parks." In 1903 President Roosevelt accompanied Muir on a visit to Yosemite. Muir and Roosevelt camped in the park overnight and Muir conveyed to Roosevelt the importance of preserving God's creation. As I told Courtney this morning, I worship best when fly-fishing at Roaring River State Park. Seeing God's creation first-hand is mesmerizing, peaceful, and humbling all at the same time. Today I am going to take the time to look at God's nature for what it is, God's invisible attributes made visible. I am very thankful for people like John Muir and Teddy Roosevelt, who cared enough about nature to set it aside for others to enjoy.


File:Muir and Roosevelt restored.jpg
Roosevelt and Muir




1 comment:

  1. Decided to start this back up again? I'm looking forward to daily posts to brighten my day.

    ReplyDelete